The search feature allows you to easily find people on your Workplace. Find out how you can utilize search on Workplace.
You can search for the following on Workplace:
- Coworkers, posts, groups, comments and events from the search bar at the top of every page on Workplace
- Posts and topics in a group
- Comments on posts
- Workplace Docs (native to Workplace)
- Files (by using keywords on file titles), globally or in groups
Anything you post using your Workplace account can only be seen or searched for by your coworkers. Groups and events can be searched for depending on their privacy settings.
Note: Content is only searchable when it is in native Workplace Notes or Docs. Files, including filenames, that are uploaded or linked via an integration are not searchable. Learn how to search for people by skill on Workplace.
Your activity log includes a list of the things you search for on Workplace. No one else can see your activity log.
To remove a search:
- Click your profile picture in the bottom-left, then click Activity Log.
- Click Filter in the top-right.
- Scroll down and select Search History, then click Save Changes.
- Hover over the search entry you want to remove and click .
- Click Delete.
You'll need to be logged into Workplace from your computer to search for people by team or department.
To search for people at your company by team or department:
- Click Org Chart in the top-left of your News Feed. If you can't see the option, you'll need to click See More.
- In the search bar in the top-right of your Org Chart, type the names, titles, locations and/or departments of the individuals you wish to search for and press enter on your keyboard.
Learn more about Org Chart.
If you can't find skills on your profile, your System Admin may have disabled the feature.
To search for people by skill from your computer:
- From your News Feed, click Directory, then select People and then click the search bar at the top of the page.
- Select Skill from the options listed and start typing a skill you're looking for.
- Add multiple skills to one filter if you want to see everyone with at least one of those skills.
- To see everyone that matches a specific set of two skills, you'll need to search one skill using the Skill filter and one skill using Any Field filter.
Note: You can also click on any skill from a user's profile to see everyone who's listed as having that skill. Learn how to add skills to your Workplace profile.