Resetting your own Workplace password
Change platform:Computer Help
If you are a system admin, you can reset another user’s password.
You can only reset your password if SSO isn’t enabled.
To change your Workplace password:
- Click your profile picture in the bottom left of Workplace.
- Click Settings.
- Click Security and Login in the left menu.
- Click Edit to the right of Change password.
Workplace’s password policies
- Passwords must be between 8 and 20 characters long.
- Passwords must contain at least one character from 3 of the following:
- Lower case characters (a-z)
- Upper case characters (A-Z)
- Digits (0-9)
- Special characters, including punctuation marks and symbols
If you enter your password incorrectly more than 20 times, you will be temporarily locked out of your account before you can retry.
There’s currently no way for admins to set a default password for Workplace accounts.
Are usernames and passwords unique to Workplace?
Yes. Username and password credentials chosen by users in Workplace are unique to Workplace, and separate to any passwords they may use on Facebook.